So what’s this all about then? Well, the BLN are running an event all about making money in mobile. Now that’s perked up your interest I can see! As part of that (and one of the key reasons why we decided to partner with them) is that they are looking for 10 companies to show how they are helping their customers make money from mobile. The entry deadline is 31st May.
The showcase is one element of the day http://moneyinmobile2011.thebln.com/ and the idea behind the conference is to help organisations understand why mobile is a good, profitable business. So even without the showcase opportunity, this looks like it’s worth attending plus we have a MoMoLo members discount available too of 35%. We’re all in this to make some money, right?
So, if you’re interested in presenting at the event and telling your mobile-money-making story and would benefit from being exposed to investors, clients and journalists, then you could do worse than get your entry in. There will be a worthy panel of investors, journalists and buyers who will decide who wins ‘best in show’ http://moneyinmobile2011.thebln.com/mim-award-judges/. Plus if you want some attention from the press and want to meet investors including Accel, Amadeus, Balderton, DFJ, Doughty Hanson, Fidelity, Highland Capital, Intel Capital, MMC, Octopus, Oxford Capital Partners, Pentech, PROfounders Fund, Vodafone Ventures and others, there probably isn’t an easier way to do it. Presenting companies also get a free place to attend the event and the winner will walk away with an iPad, and who knows what else with such an interesting audience. Maybe this will be the investment story of the year?!
- Being on the shortlist of companies will set you apart and get you in front of some amazing investors and journalists
- You will be recognised as a business that can help other companies make money in mobile – not a bad selling point when it comes to convincing new customers
- The 10 presenting companies will benefit from pitching in front of an audience of CEOs, mobile entrepreneurs, corporate users and buyers of mobile technology, as well as investors (angel and VC) looking to finance high-growth companies
- All pitches will be recorded and posted on The BLN giving the presenting companies additional exposure
How do I qualify?
- Be privately held
- Have paying customers
- err, that’s it.
OK, I’m in. What do I do next?
- Spend about 5 minutes applying before 31st May at http://moneyinmobileawardentry.eventbrite.com/ and in less than 100 words, tell them how you make money for other companies [OK, I recommend spending a bit more than 5 minutes thinking through what your 100 words are, but the point is, it’s not a complex form to complete – ed].
- Closing date is midday on 31 May 2011. It is FREE to enter.
- Companies will be shortlisted and notified by 7 June 2011 by The BLN
- The final 10 companies will present their product or service during the Money in Mobile Forum being held in London on 14 June, presenting to our audience and panel of judges, and explaining why they have the biggest potential to enable companies to make money in mobile
- The winner will be announced at the end of the forum and will receive the BLN Money in Mobile Award
Please do spread the word amongst your colleagues so that we have a chance to see the best of the bunch in June. And of course, if you’d like to attend the event, then please take advantage of our special Mobile Monday London members 35% discount using the code MoMoLo.
Good luck and see some of you on 14 June.