Demo Night 16th September (Tuesday, yes, really)
Demo Night will take place at Informa's 10th Annual Service Delivery Innovation Summit at the Thistle Hotel, Marble Arch. As usual we feature a number of companies from the community representing some of the sheer range of ideas, innovation and creativity … wearables, IoT, AR, food (yes) and more will all feature! We expect that as usual it will be a lot of fun … have you booked your ticket yet? Register here (and see below if you’d like a free ticket to the whole Summit).
We’re looking forward to hearing from:
- Good Food Talks - A web app which enables blind and visually impaired diners to read restaurant menus, quickly and easily using their smart phones
- Swytch - Multiple UK mobile phone numbers on your existing phone
- QuizTix - A family of original, fun and accessible quiz games offering a familiar and friendly entertainment experience
- Mylo - A household management service, looking after all your household bills and expenses
- Grabyo - A real time video platform that offers broadcasters the opportunity to share video clips from live broadcast TV and video feeds across Twitter, Facebook, the web and mobile.
- Viewmaker - A cloud based augmented reality platform
- Pronto - Order & track meals on demand, 24/7, in just 3 taps from your mobile device
- Adsy - A mobile web app that lets you create mobile web apps
- IFS - Using wearable technology to improve workforce efficiencies in a business environment
- OpenTRV - An Intelligent radiator controller to save money on your energy bill, reduce carbon & control heating in each room
If you are interested in volunteering at the event and are free from 5.30pm, please do get in touch. Contact: email@example.com
Free passes to the whole Service Delivery Innovation Summit - 16th & 17th September
Our friends at Informa have made available a number of free tickets to attend this event at which you will see a range of case studies from operators & third party developers showing examples of successful service innovation including Deutsche Telecom, Amazon and TomTom. Innovative service delivery from within the cloud will feature heavily, with a wide variety of panel discussions & opportunities for audience debate.
Get your free pass here with this priority code: I859D/MM.
Back to School with The Mobile Academy starting 30th September
The Mobile Academy, no-nonsense, practical learning from industry experts, run by MoMoLo and UCL. From developers to marketers, corporates to start-ups, The Academy brings together people with different backgrounds and levels of experience who learn from each other as well as from the experts. Read about what happened on our first four courses here.
We are running a special discount with the code MoMoLo which takes the start-up price down to £450, SMEs at £675 & Large companies at £1,350 all + VAT and booking fees. Benchmarked at over £3,000, there is nowhere else you can get this breadth of topics and quality of delivery. Perfect for those that just want to know more about mobile and/or are working on new products. Register here and get gist from our blog: http://themobileacademy.org.uk/blog/
“...The combination of excellent mobile design and technical teaching overlaid with business knowledge means that the take out from this programme is far beyond just being about mobile - it's about starting new businesses and business lines. This, along with the exposure to industry experts and other participants is invaluable for us at IBM as it broadens our outlook and introduces new ways of working. With this well rounded approach, we have found that our participants return thinking more “outside of the IBM box” and that their client interactions are deeper and broader…” Steve Devo, IBM
Startup help from Google
Startup Launch is a new programme from Google which will help you get the best out of the Google Developers platform, including:
- Mentorship from Google Developer Experts and Developer Relations
- Exclusive invitations to networking events
- Access to free training, start-up boot camps and other resources
Find out more and apply here.
Digital Disruption: The Union of Marketing and Technology, 24th September
With speakers from Samsung, Google, Westfield, Media Futures and many more, the Institute of Promotional Marketing (IPM) invites you to talk digital disruption and improve your game. This conference will explore how the latest advances will allow marketers to push the boundaries and create even better, more effective and ‘always on’ promotional campaigns which can break down barriers and influence target audiences at all the touchpoints.
We have a 15% discount with code: MoMoLo (tickets are £212.50 instead of £250). Register here.
Something special at Apps World, 12th – 13th November at ExCel, London
Apps World is back and once again, offering you 15% off passes with the code MOMO15. Register here in the next few days and you will also get the earlybird discount. You can visit the exhibition area free of charge, but you still need to register using the link above.
Following our fab night at Apps World last year, we are doing something quite special this year which we will announce in the next week. In the meantime, save the date: 12th November from 5.30pm to late!
And finally ...
Long time friend of Mobile Monday London and one of the true godfathers of Mobile, David Wood, has spent the last two years putting together his history of Symbian. Check it out here http://smartphonesandbeyond.com/
Very much looking forward to next Tuesday and seeing everyone there.