A European call for proposals for innovative mobile applications called Proxima Mobile has just been launched. This is an opportunity to access a grant subsidy of up to 45% of total project costs covering R&D and innovation work expenses.
In order to foster the development of pan-European mobile services, and especially those related to “digital cities”, the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research and the Secretary of State for the Development of Digital Economy are launching the Proxima Mobile European call for proposals. This call for proposals will be coordinated by the Delegation for Internet Uses, and it aims to help create mobile applications and services useful for European citizens as well as tourists visiting the European Union.
Projects submitted to the call for proposals should be related to transportation, arts, travel and sustainable development. They should be geared toward the creation of accessible and user friendly mobile applications, especially for least experienced users.
Eligible applicants will be companies, associations, public institutions or territorial communities with registered offices in the European Union. Applicants may submit proposals individually or as part of a consortium. This call for proposals also aims at fostering cooperation between European companies in order to promote the cultural, geographical and environmental endowments of Europe.
The winning proposals of applications and services will be granted subsidies for their implementation. They will also be featured on www.proximamobile.eu, the European portal of mobile services for citizens, which promotes European general interest services on mobile devices.
Get those thinking caps on and act now if you wish to apply as the deadline is midnight (Central European Time) 30 November.
Those key points again:
- projects submitted to the call should be related to transportation, arts, travel and sustainable development .
- project should be geared towards the creation of accessible and user friendly mobile applications, especially for least experienced users .
- you may submit proposals individually or as part of a consortium
- eligible applicants are companies, associations, public institutions or territorial communities with registered offices in the EU
- while this call is sponsored by the French government, it is open to all SMEs within the EU.
All details and applications forms at: http://www.proximamobile.eu/cfp Check there for any interim deadlines that may apply.